Sunday, November 10, 2013

What Can I Say?

So here I am, day 10 of NaBloPoMo, and have seemingly run out of words. Actually, that's not true. I have a lot words, and good ones, when I'm not at the computer. I compose blog posts in my head all the time (yes, I know…I really should get a life), but when I sit down to actually write them? Pffft! Gone!

Today was a beautiful day. It started clear and crisp, brilliant blue sky, light breeze. By early afternoon, the wind had picked up and even though the temperature hadn't dropped by much, it felt much colder. I have a cow share, so every week I drive out to the farm to pick up a gallon of raw milk. (For the record, if the milk is properly cared for, it's not dangerous. In fact, it's delicious and tastes like a milkshake.) On the road to the farm, I saw a Great Pyrenees cross the road and disappear into the woods. That worried me, because the farm has at least on Great Pyrenees. I asked, and fortunately, it didn't belong to them. I would have been surprised, because their dog is either snoozing in the sun or looking to be petted; he doesn't seem to be the vagabond type. I picked up the milk, perused their selection of grass-fed beef, pork, lamb, and goat, decided I didn't need anything else, and left.

When I reached the bottom of their drive, I looked out over the corn field and saw a bird flying. More specifically, it was a Red Tail Hawk. It was dancing on the wind, circling, rising, sinking. The sun flashed on its wings, illuminated its red tail. Three crows flew into its vicinity, and I thought there'd be a crow/hawk confrontation, but the crows were on a different mission this time. They ignored the hawk and the hawk ignored them. Eventually the hawk stopped its dance and glided away. I felt disappointed; I could have sat there the rest of the afternoon watching how it flew.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment