Thursday, November 7, 2013

Musings on Life and Death

I'm afraid the title of this post boasts more than it will deliver. Towards the end of a long day at work, I received news that a friend's beloved father passed away today. His passing wasn't unexpected, yet it still was somewhat of a shock. I drove home this evening, tears rolling down my face, grieving for my friend and her loss. I don't do well with Death: I'm uncomfortable, I don't want to intrude on someone's grief, and it brings the mortality of my parents closer. I feel people's grief as if it were my own, which is rather embarrassing, especially when I seem to be more upset than the family of the deceased.

So this is my brief post for today. It's late and I don't feel much like writing. Perhaps I'll post a pithier post tomorrow or over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment