Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pure Magic

Today started out a bit rough. I didn't get enough sleep last night (didn't get to bed until after midnight, then the cat woke me up at 5:00 a.m., wanting to be fed). I plodded through the work day, fighting the Excel (and losing) and trying to get caught up (I lost that battle, too). Then I glanced out the window and saw this:
 
I sent "Sunset alert!" IMs to a couple of coworkers and we spent the next 10 minutes or so watching the sunset evolve.
 
 
 
  These were the dying embers:

I didn't leave work until after 7:00. I was about halfway home when I noticed the crescent moon rising in a deep indigo sky. It was breathtaking! (Unfortunately, the best vantage points came at places where I couldn't stop to take a photo).

And about a mile down the road, I caught a glimpse of a shadowy figure moving along the side of the road. It was a deer, walking down the sidewalk. As I drew close to it, I saw that it was a young buck. He stopped, turned his head, and looked at me. I prayed that he would stay safe and well away from traffic.

It was the perfect end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment