Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks

The trip south had an auspicious start: I spotted a red-tailed hawk hovering above the side of the road and a few miles down the road, I saw a bald eagle sitting a tree. Traffic was relatively light and drivers were polite. If anything, they were driving just a wee bit too slow. Maybe they had a little too much amended egg nog for breakfast?

It was good to gather with family. My youngest brother and his family chose to celebrate Thanksgiving elsewhere this year, so the family was incomplete. My youngest nephew kept everyone in stitches. When the talk turned to snow, inevitably the topic of yellow snow came up. When asked how he knows about yellow snow (it doesn't snow much down here), he replied "I know all about pee!" Totally cracked us up; totally!

My brothers and their families left a little while ago. The Oakland/Dallas game is on and my husband and my father are napping. Mom is reading on her Kindle; I'm tapping away on my laptop. I think we're all going to go to bed a bit early tonight. And tomorrow will bring more visits with the family.

Every year I'm thankful for my family, friendships (current, lapsed, and rekindled), good health and prosperity. This year we'll all very thankful that my sister-in-law's cancer is in remission.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment