Friday, November 1, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to Heart Hawk, the sister blog of Knitting Libran. I have no set ideas for this blog, other than to document (in a vague sort of way) the transformation I see taking place in my life. The writing might be eloquent, it might be rambling, it might be incoherent. But this is my voice, yes? And it will grow and become stronger as time passes.

My physical voice is rusty. I have so many times been dismissed, especially in the workplace, that I stopped speaking up. Long ago, I stopped singing. My singing voice is off key, tight, unsupported. A memory from childhood stays with me: singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic in church. I loved singing that hymn and belted it out. After the service was over, one of my parents' friends made an offhand comment on my singing. It wasn't a criticism, but I was mortified. I never sang without abandon again. Church choir was small torture; 9th grade chorus was hell. Sight reading? Total failure. I sing sometimes, in the car, alone, always off key. I love tight harmonies and fantasize that I'm able to harmonize like the Wailin' Jennys. Or early Simon and Garfunkel. And then I fall on the floor, laughing, because it's probably not going to happen in this lifetime.

So, this blog, this slice of my life is my gift to myself. It's my gift to you, as well, with the hope that you'll glean some small bit of wisdom from my journey.

Aho. Namaste. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment