Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Grasping Reality

The weather the last couple of days has been a bit tempestuous. It rained yesterday and poured last night (I'm afraid to see how much water is in the basement). Today was windy and there were snow showers (sadly, the snow didn't stick). Now the sky is clearing and stars are twinkling, which foretells a cold night.

I still have to keep reminding myself that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, else I will forget. Which would be very bad because we're supposed to go to my parents' for Thanksgiving dinner. The cranberry sauce is made (thanks to my dear husband) and as is the mac and cheese (to kill for). (Seriously, that's its name.) I make a couple of modifications, sautéing onions or shallots in the butter before making the white sauce and substituting peas for ham. It is by far the best macaroni and cheese I've ever eaten.

Even though I worked from home today, I don't feel like I got as much accomplished as I wanted. I still need to find the #7 interchangeable needle tips for my shawl project, which are probably stuck in the Basket of Shame, or some other bag that is holding unfinished objects. I need to find my Brittany size 0s because I'm not happy with metal 0s that I'm using for a sock. And I have to pack, pack up the food, get ice, get gas… So much more to do!

There are times when I'm grateful for the four-footed feline alarm clock that goes off at 5:00 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment