Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's a Buggy Life

Some days at work are better than others and some are more frustrating than others. Today was one of the frustrating days. It started out innocently enough. I plowed through some release management tasks, wrote a couple of status reports, then turned my attention to opening defect reports for a few problems I found while working on one of the user guides. Sadly, one defect led to another defect and another defect and before I knew it, there were defects on the defects. That's an exaggeration, but not by much. I think I can safely say that I haven't quite lost my knack for software testing, even after 10 years of being in management. But really, all I want to do is update the user guide and not find bugs! Is that too much to ask?

In other news, November is almost over. It's hard to believe that I've managed to write something every day. Of course, it's not over yet and I'll be traveling for Thanksgiving, which adds a little bit of a challenge. I've actually enjoyed writing these little posts and perhaps will strive to post every day in December. Oh wait, I've declared December to be NaDaYoPraMo. And I'm not sure that I'll be able to swing a daily yoga practice and a daily blog practice. NaDaYoPraMo first, then blogging. And I also need to find time to knit. And spin. And do all of the creative things that I never do, even though I say I'm going to do them.

I've already started thinking about January,which means I'm getting way ahead of myself and will most likely be setting myself up for failure. So, before I get into any more trouble with myself, I'm going to say "Good night and sweet dreams!"

No comments:

Post a Comment